Nelly came out with his debut album in 2002 and people couldn’t get enough of “Hot In Herre”, the number one single. In honor of that classic jam, I’m gonna talk about what I do with my skin care during the summer.
I still have my faves here but my routine becomes decidedly more food-based during the summer. Vegas has both hot women and hotter temps, so I need lighter but still effective products to battle this triple-digit heat. The solution? I get my swap on with products that help me in the same way but do so without such a heavy hand:
Almond oil is:
- Non-comedogenic ( yay for sensitive skin and unclogged pores!!)
- Often used as a massage oil
- Made from sweet almonds
- A great skin emollient
- High in concentrations of vitamin E and antioxidants
It’s also fairly easy on the wallet because I only paid around $8 for mine at Whole Foods. This has replaced my old moisturizer during these summer months. Still looking to find it at a cheaper price, but I don’t use much. 5 drops in the palm after washing my face (before adding my daily SPF) and I’m good to go!
Fresh Rose Cleansing Foam
This ah-mAZE-ing cleanser has:
- Rosewater: Soothes the skin; notable for its balancing properties.
- Cooling Cucumber Extract: Helps calm the skin.
- Evening Primrose Extract: Supports natural collagen synthesis.
- Plum Seed Oil: Helps to hydrate and keep up a healthy complexion.
- Glycerin: 3rd ingredient so there’s a lot but glycerin is primarily used as a humectant ( something that absorbs or helps another substance keep in moisture).
I used to take an evening primrose supplement to lessen my PMS symptoms and give my face a chance before hormonal acne set in. Who knew my new favorite cleanser had it too? I swap this one out with the other cleanser I use from this brand.
Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes
I love these because when it’s hot out I’m usually not wearing too much makeup. I’m still getting exposed though to the exhaust, dirt, sun and sweat from being outside and just running errands. When that midday nap slaps me upside the head I use these wipes to gently remove mascara and lip gloss before I completely KO.
BONUS: I mix tea tree essential oil with coconut oil when I have an unexpected breakout. Essential oils can be VERY harsh on the skin due to high concentration so mixing them with a carrier oil can make it easier on your face.
Sound off in the comments: what skincare changes do you make when the temps get high?